Chocolate (and Love) is in the air with Katherine Hepburn brownies. Easy and decadent. Especially fun in a mini-cupcake size. (Somehow a mini-cupcake makes it “OK” to eat more than one or three. Don’t ask me why.)
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 cube butter
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 c. chopped nuts
- ¼ c. flour
- ¼ t. salt
- Preheat oven 325 degrees
- Grease 8-inch square pan plus line with foil over the rims (if not using mini-cupcake papers)
- Melt butter in saucepan with cocoa, stirring frequently
- Remove from heat and cool slightly
- Whisk in eggs, one at a time
- Stir in vanilla
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, flour, nuts and salt.
- Add to the cocoa-butter mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 30-40 minutes. (Do not overbake: Center should still be a little gooey.)
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
- If foil lining is used, lift from pan and cut into 16 squares on a cutting board.
Those nasty calories hiding in my closet.
I served these to Debbi and friends at her party to introduce her first grandchild. Darling Evelyn Clare didn’t get a brownie, but next time she visits, I’m happy to make them again.
Who can you share a little bit of Valentine-chocolate-love?
Happy Valentine’s Week! You don’t need to have a Valentine to spread a little TLC.
For recipes from a Chocolate Expert, check out my friend, Elizabeth’s, blog: guiltychocoholicmama.com.
<div id=”amzn-assoc-ad-dadec330-7eac-4a6f-9b9f-daa2c589ad03″></div><script async src=”//z-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/onejs?MarketPlace=US&adInstanceId=dadec330-7eac-4a6f-9b9f-daa2c589ad03″></script>