Need some color on your table and crunch with your enchiladas or fish tacos? Serve this Mexican Fiesta Salad next time you go South of the Border on your hometown table. Pretty and delicious!
It’s simple, delish, and inexpensive. I served it alongside Pineapple Chicken and Rice and it was a hit. Also good for luncheons and potlucks. Here you go:
- 2 ears of corn or 1½ cups frozen corn
- 4 cups cooked black beans or 3 14 oz. cans, drained
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes or 2 cups cooked rice, cooled
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ diced red onion
- ½ c. tarragon vinegar (I used pomegranate vinegar I found at the .99 store)
- ⅓ c. vegetable oil
- ¾ t. ground cumin
- ¾ t. chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 t. honey
- Steam corn until tender but still crisp. Remove kernels from cob (or use frozen - they don't need cooking)
- In large bowl, combine corn, beans, tomatoes, onion, and peppers.
- Whisk dressing ingredients.
- Pour over salad mixture.
- Toss and chill.
Pre-Christmas dinner. Happy campers, every one.