I can’t remember how I happened upon this luscious dish from Allrecipes.com, but anything described as “Amish” equals “De-lish” – no? Yes.
Make it on the 23rd and bake it on the 25th while the kids are still in their wee-little-beds, and all will be well. Well, that is, if you stayed within the budget and got at least one thing on everyone’s list. I can’t help you there.
- 1 lb. sliced bacon, diced
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 4 c. frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 9 eggs, light beaten
- 2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1½ c. small curd cottage cheese
- 1¼ c shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Grease 9x13 pan
- Cook and stir bacon and onion on med high heat until evenly browned, about 10 mins.
- Drain (Oops. Forgot.)
- Transfer to large bowl and still in the remaining ingredients
- Pour into pan
- Bake 45-50 min - less if divided into two smaller pans - until set and cheese is melted. I would undercook 5 min if to be reheated later
- Let stand 10 min before cutting and serving
I’m getting ready to meet the new neighbors and the old neighbors that I sometimes don’t see much throughout the year. I’ll make two, just in case. Maybe two and a half if I don’t read the directions again. My friends, Patricia and Katie helped me out by passing these invites around the three blocks of houses. Please pray that those who need to come will come!
Neighborhood Ladies Christmas Coffee
At the home of Sue Donaldson
71 Mariposa Drive
Saturday – December 16 – 9:00 am
Bring something to share and, to Celebrate Baby Jesus’ Birthday, bring
an unwrapped Baby Gift. All donations will go to Family Care Network, San Luis Obispo
Please RSVP (or not!)
Text 471-8271 or call 544-9767
It’s a busy time—come even for a quick cup of coffee and a Merry Christmas!