Today I’m introducing my Texan friend, Mitzi Neely (your lucky day!) She writes and speaks on gratitude and cooks like a Texan should and can.
“Mitzi’s heart is to lighten your load while conveying the message that nobody’s perfect.”
There you go – that’s worth it right there! Add your comment below and you’ll be entered to win a free copy of her new book: A Thankful Heart – sure to bring a “lightened load” as she turns our hearts to God, His goodness and His love for us. Mitzi includes favorite recipes from those who have encouraged her on her journey. I’m making one this morning and passing on the love: Poppyseed Bread with Orange Glaze (one of many in this delightful gratitude journal.)
Be sure to comment through Tuesday, November 21, to be entered!
I love a recipe that makes five small loaves – sounds biblical, somehow. Easy to share for little love-gifts–also, biblical -(love and gifts.)
- 3 cups flour
- 1½ t. baking powder
- 1½ t. salt
- 1½ tablespoons poppyseeds (I get mine at World Market!)
- 2¼ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups milk
- 1½ cups oil (or applesauce)
- 2 t. vanilla
- 2 t. butter flavoring (I used almond flavoring)
- ¾ cups sugar
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1½ t. vanilla
- ½ t. butter flavoring (opt.)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients
- Beat two minutes
- Grease and flour 5 mini loaf pans - I used 3 and a regular size
- Fill to half full
- Bake 1 hour for full size, 35-40 min for mini.
- Make glaze and pour over loaves while still hot for a light citrus flavor
I waited a little too long to add the glaze – I may have to drink a little before sending these off. (Follow directions, Sue Donaldson. Love, Mom)
Giveaway runs through Tuesday, November 21. Thanks, Mitzi!