Claire came by for lunch recently and stayed three days. I love Claire for many reasons, but one in particular is that she loves me. And brings flowers. And chocolate.
This time she brought a lovely new recipe from her sister: Orzo Cucumber Mint Salad – refreshing, light and smells like summer! Yum! Oh, and makes a ton.
We added cooked chicken breast and pitted Kalamata olives just because and made it the main dish.
- 1 box Orzo pasta
- 1 English cucumber
- ⅓ cup chopped curly parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup feta cheese
- olive oil
- 1 lemon (or 2)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and cooled (opt.)
- 1 cup olives, drained and chopped (opt.)
- Cook orzo al dente, then drain
- Dice cucumber
- Chop parsley and mint
- Mix cheese with the above
- Pour oil and stir
- Add in juice of one or two lemons
- Salt and pepper
- Stir thoroughly and chill til dinner
“Come again, Claire!” Holli says.