Wow and yum. My new favorite: One Pot Skillet Chicken Caesar Kale Salad. You are in for a treat today and it fulfills my wiser and older sister’s dictum:
Put something green on every plate.
I mostly agree, Lynnel, though braces make it more of a challenge. Today’s recipe was worth the challenge. That’s what water-pik’s are for. Of course, I cut the kernels off the corn after the photo shoot.
I love a good Caesar salad and with a bit of chicken browned in my RockCrock, we all enjoyed a new company entrée. Gaby from Brazil and Alicia from Spain were my company and gave it a thumbs up. Garden whiz, Jen had left a bag of fresh picked kale on my doorstep along with a couple fresh cucumbers and I was set.
I also love a one-pot dinner, and this one fit the bill. The RockCrock goes on the stove, in the oven, in the microwave and in the dishwasher. AMAZING. First I browned the chicken, then sautéed the kale and voila! Delish. You’re not in the kitchen long enough to get hot. Let me know what you think.
We love Brianna’s dressings and I had just enough to add to the kale. Note M&M’s. It’s been a long week.
Thanks goes to CookingandBeer.com for sharing this yummy dish. I used 8 cups of kale and it cooked down easily enough. I might use more next time.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- salt and black pepper
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons store-bought caesar dressing, more or less to taste
- 6 cups chopped kale
- ¼ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (garnish)
- In a large and deep skillet, add the oil.
- Heat over medium-high heat. Season the chicken generously with salt and black pepper.
- Add the chicken to the pan with the hot oil.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through and dark brown on both sides.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- If there is little to no oil left, add an additional tablespoon to the pan.
- Also add the caesar dressing to the pan.
- Swirl it around to warm up.
- Add the kale and season with salt and black pepper.
- Stir to coat with the dressing and cook for 2-3 minutes or until wilted.
- If you find the kale isn't wilting enough, cover it for a minute or so.
- This will speed up the process. Remove from heat and place the chicken back in the pan. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Here you go, Lynnel. Green on the plate.
The Rockcrock Dutch Oven by Pampered Chef is an INVESTMENT. So I earned it for free when I hosted a party. If you don’t feel like a party, you can order it from mine. Any proceeds keep this blog party going, so thanks from the bottom of my potato bin.
My younger sister, Lori said,
If you’re going to get a Rockcrock, get the bigger one.
I did and I’m not sorry.
What would I do without my sisters?