Happy Valentine’s, lovers everywhere! Two worlds met and fell in love with this buttery and chocolatey and marshmallowy combination of deliciousness: Chocolate Chip S’mores Cookies.
No matter the age of the Valentine, care packages are in order. It seemed a good year to re-introduce the S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookie for Bonnie and Mary. Sorry, Bethany. You could buy a chocolate chip cookie factory in Spain for the price of shipping (I’ve done it, remember?) And I never did tell Dad the time I mailed you these worth-their-weight-in-chocolate cookies to Penn State–it cost me $11.00 for four cookies. I know. It made you popular with your new roommates, so worth it.
You’re already popular in Spain.
I’ll make you some in July. Promise.
Make a very large batch of chocolate chip cookies – I batched and a half’d it for these puppies and it took two rolls of dough. Yes, I made the dough last week and froze them in caterpillar loaves. Easy to defrost and pop some cookies in the oven for unexpected company, college students, or when you’re having a Blue Monday.
Be careful of snoopers.
S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies, at your service (not for Holli-dog.)
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 c. sugar
- ¾ c. packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 T. vanilla
- 3½ c. flour
- 1 t. kosher salt
- 1 t. baking soda
- 2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 24 graham cracher quarters (I remember using less the first time.)
- 3 Hershey bars, broken
- 12 large marshmallows cut in half lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy
- Add eggs and vanilla and continue to beat
- Place flour, salt, and soda and combine slowly with wet ingredients
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Layer a graham cracker piece with a Hershey's piece and a half of a marshmallow - topped with another graham cracker.
- Top s'more with a scoop of cookie dough
- Add another scoop and form a ball around it.
- It is messy!
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Makes 12 large stuffed cookies.
It helped to set up work stations.
It didn’t help to have any leftover parts. Who can throw away leftover parts?
The best of two wonderful worlds: chocolate chip cookies surrounding s’mores. You might die with the deliciousness of it all. I hope you don’t.
Happy Valentine’s one and all!
PS Bethany – I just put $20.00 in your account. Go buy a cookie. Love, Mom